- If you received CVLGrid in a zip file (CVLGrid.ZIP), unzip the zip file into a temporary directory on your hard drive. To simplify the cleanup of files later it is recommended that the temporary directory be empty before unzipping.
- You should use the CVLGrid Installation program to install CVLGrid (CVLGrid1.1_Setup_Ver160622.exe). After opening the setup program the CVLGrid Install Wizard will run as shown in Figure 1 below.
Figure 1 Install Wizard for CVLGrid
3. If you used a temporary directory you should delete the files that were unzipped. Keep a copy of the zip file in case you need to install the program again.
4. For Vista™ and Windows 7™ users, you may need to change the CVLGrid1.1.exe to "Run as Administrator" before you can use CVLGrid to run models.
5. As part of the conditions of use of CVLGrid, the user must accept the License Agreement before installation.
Figure 2 License Agreement Prompt
6. The user is then prompted for customer information. Please enter your User Name and Organization in the fields provided.
7. The user is then prompted for the Setup Option desired. A choice of "Complete" or "Custom" setup options are available. "Complete" means that all setup features will be installed, requiring more disc space. The "Custom" setup option allows the user to install just one or a combination of files, including CVLGrid program file, Datafiles, Documents and Extra files.
Figure 3 CVLGrid Install Wizard – Custom Setup
8. If the "Custom" option is used a number of features may be selected to be installed at shown in are available . Here the user may also decide on the destination folder for the setup by selecting the "Change" button. The default folder is: C:\Program Files(x86)\DSI\CVLGrid1.1\. A CVLGrid example will be saved to C:\Program Files\DSI\CVLGRID1.1\Example.
Figure 4 Destination folder for the setup
9. Upon completion of the Installation Wizard, the user is prompted with the message "Install Wizard Complete". After selecting "Finish", the user is returned to the desktop.
Figure 5 CVLGrid Installation Wizard Completion Screen.