The table below is an example for harmonic constituents for Trakhuc estuary.
|Name||Speed(deg/hr)||Amplitude (m)||Phase (s)|
STEPS FOR ADDING INPUT HARMONIC CONSTITUENTS TABLE
- Click to the E button Figure 1) which is next to Harmonics (See
- Enter the Number of Series, which is 1 for this case (see Figure 2)
- Enter the Title of Series, as "Tides"
- Enter the Number of Harmonic Constituents to Use, in the case there are 8.
- Copy the tidal constituent values from above table into the form.
- You may want to click View button in the Figure 2 to see the tidal timeseries plot as shown in Figure 3
- Click Close and Return to exit the plot
- Click OK button in the Figure 2 to finish.
Figure 1 Assigning tidal boundary conditions.
Figure 2 Preparing the harmonic and tidal boundary series.
Figure 3 Tides Series Plot.
to assign tides to the open boundary cells, steps are introduced in section 4.3.2 (Build a 3D Coastal Model (Level 2 Step-by-Step Guidance). However, instead of choosing tidal series for Pressure, the user selects the series for Harmonic as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4 Assign tides boundary.