The Model Analysis menu that provides access to the calibration features available in EFDC_Explorer as shown Figure 1. There are six types of calibration plot that may be generated:
- Time Series Comparisons
- Correlation Plots
- Vertical Profile Comparisons
- High Frequency Time Series
- Flux Comparisons
- Cruise Plot Comparisons
For each of these the user needs to provide a linkage of the water column model results to measured data.
Each of the sub-menu items may be summarized with a LMC, and RMC provides a number of options as outlined below and described in detailed in the following sections:
- View Time-Series Plots option allows the user to review the plots on the screen and set the style for each plot.
- View Correlation Plots option allows user view correlation plot between model and existing data to assist.
- Calculate Error Statistics option allows user generate the error statistics for all or each linkage. Once the statistics are displayed, the user can select which error statistics to report or not and save the report to a text file.
- Define Calibration Series option allows user configure the series of EFDC model parameters and measured data series, select which series are used to plot or ignore, and generate plots and error statistics for each model/data linkage.
Figure 1 Post Processing Options - Main Form.
The plot styles are saved in the EFDC_Explorer configuration file "CalForm_TS.EE," "CalForm_CP.EE" and "CalForm_VP.EE" for the time series, correlation and vertical profile plots respectively. In addition, the file "CalForm_MMA.EE" contains plot styles for the time series option of Min-Avg-Max plots (see Time Series Graphing for more details).
The time series, correlation and vertical profile model-data linkages provided in this section are only one means of conducting model-data comparisons. Almost any model parameter can be compared to data using the Import Data feature of the time series plotting utility. See Time Series Graphing for more details.